Owner/BJJ & Dangerous Damsels Instructor: Monica Brogan
Monica is a paralegal by trade and was drawn to the martial arts seeking a fitness activity that she could share with her husband. Monica instantly fell in love with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Monica holds a first degree black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and a first degree black belt in Judo. Monica has completed the IBJJF BJJ Rules certification.
Monica is the founder and head instructor of the Dangerous Damsels women's self defense program, the area's premier women's self defense program with locations in York, Harrisburg and Scranton, PA.
An absolute terror on the mat, Monica's competitive accomplishments include:
- 2015 Newbreed Ultimate Challenge Advanced No-Gi Gold Medalist
- 2015 Newbreed Ultimate Challenge Brown Belt Silver Medalist
- 2013 YMMAA Winter Invitational Gi & Absolute Gold Medalist
- 2012 Team 3G In-House Tournament Gold Medalist
- 2012 Keystone State Games (Women's Judo) Gold Medalist
- 2012 Keystone State Games (Men's Submission Grappling) Gold Medalist
- 2012 YMMAA Invitational Gold Medalist
- 2012 Warrior's Challenge Double Gold Medalist
- 2011 Keystone State Games (Submission Grappling Women) Gold Medalist
- 2011 Keystone State Games (Submission Grappling Men) Bronze Medalist
- 2010 Rupture Tournament Double Gold and Bronze Medalist